Editing for Academics
The following information is of a general nature. You should confirm the type and standard of services offered by individual Editex editors before engaging them to edit your work.
Academic editing takes the sweat out of producing word-perfect work. Clear and correct communication of ideas is essential to producing high quality research. Yet it is hard to stand back and proofread your own writing. Editing eliminates the risk of your hard work being misinterpreted or misrepresented by inaccuracies. Our experienced academic editors ensure the language, style and structure of your writing is precision itself. So you are free to concentrate on those crucial ideas that win you top qualifications—and publication.
Editing for academics covers:
- Journal articles, abstracts and book reviews
- Chapters, books and manuscripts
- Conference and research papers
- Grant and funding applications
- Job applications and applications for academic promotion
- All other types of academic documents
Editex places academic editors at your fingertips 24/7, 365 days of the year. We are available when you need us for fast, efficient turnaround. You will find our service excellent value for money too: a small investment clinches flawless writing and precise presentation of arguments.
Specialist academic editors
Choose Editex for unrivalled academic advantage
Certainly our editors thoroughly edit and proofread your work, but they can do much more besides. Good editing will significantly increase your chance at publication and offer substantive suggestions to improve your academic writing. Importantly, academic editors also do the time-intensive legwork for you, as they:
- Correct all grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Ensure appropriate tone and language rules apply throughout
- Eliminate repetition, redundancy and ambiguity
- Guarantee logical flow and organisation of ideas
- Ensure accurate use of vocabulary, paragraphs, tense and sentence structure
- Identify flawed or weak arguments and unsubstantiated assertions
- Achieve compliance with all major style manuals including APA, Chicago and more